Sunday 10 November 2013

Kisses..and line exploration: 11/11/13



Hello blog dwellers!
Through procrastination on one project, I have been working on research/ background concept collection for the Beauwulf Graphic Novel. I have a kissing scene (eek) in the next coming page, and I really haven't a clue how to draw it, so I'm trying a few reference images. This one is based a beautiful image (found here: http://sethadamsmith.com/2012/08/30/our-cupcake-wedding-cake-2/skwedding323/#main) stumbled upon. I've used the normal approach to my work (with the thick block lines) but also had a go colouring the lines as well. Both I find are effective! The coloured lines definitely give a more open feeling to the image, whereas the bold black creates a dynamic contrast. I'll keep uploading as I go, but both are fun. (Although the black lines are faster for the turna-around).
Let me know your thoughts!

Lest we forget.

~ Cherie Brown


Creative Commons License
Kisses..and line exploration: 11/11/13 by Cherie Brown is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at cevb92@hotmail.com. Creative Commons License
Kissu111113 by Cherie Brown is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at cevb92@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment